I went into this whole weight loss thing for one reason and one reason only - to keep my heart from going back into a-fib. And so far so good - my cardiologist is happy with how things are going. I'm feeling healthier.
But now I'm discovering so many other things as well. So I decided to make a compilation of "Fun Things I Never Saw Coming" concerning weight loss:
1) I can wear cute sandals - my ankles don't swell anymore. All those Brighton sandals have come out of their boxes and are getting used.
2) I can get down on the floor and play with the grandchildren - and then get back UP again! (without assistance...)
3) I have to put my car seat further up to be able to drive.
4) I can cross my legs. Yes, indeedy, I can CROSS. MY. LEGS.
5) I can make several trips up and down the stairs without wheezing. My legs and knees aren't too happy about it but at least my lungs aren't complaining.
6) I get cold sometimes. I have an arsenal of sweaters and take one to the movies because I actually get chilled at times.
7) I love honeycrisp apples. Nothing satisfies like a fresh, cool, crisp honeycrisp apple. I crave them. I buy them even when they are $2.99/lb.
8) People compliment me on my clothing and ask where I've bought it - like they are going to go looking for it or something. Like they'd like to have one like it. Like it's something trendy and new! Oh my...
9) I can buy clothing in mainstream stores. I am not limited to "Omar the Tent Maker" and others of his ilk.
10) Mike can put his arms ALL the way around me (and then some). Priceless.
I still have a long way to go. And I plan to take quite a while to get there so it will "stick" and become a way of life. But it sure is fun to have these successes so far. They do make the journey more pleasurable.