12 January 2009

A long time ago, in a town far, far away...

...my eldest child was born. I can kid her all I want about age because she is over 30 now...31 to be exact. So it comes with the territory.


"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you..."



A close up of the "forest fire"



Luke seriously concerned about the safety of this exercise



Blowing out the candles


"Now THIS is what I'm talkin' about!"



I am up in Keller this week specifically for said birthday because, let's face it, we're gonna keep getting older but doing so with panache and chocolate cake is mandatory. So chocolate cake it was - ala Mom and Benjamin - and for panache, P.F. Chang's. And let me tell you, I feel (physically) SO much better than I did 31 years ago right this minute! :) And I wager I will sleep completely through the night as well.

With age comes privilege.

So Happy Birthday, Jennifer! And let me tell you, the 30's and 40's in a LOT of ways are TONS better than those measly ole twenties...

Because, let's face it, "we're older and can afford more insurance".

Not that we need it. :)

2 comments:

bec said...

Happy birthday to your daughter. What a lovely family. Cheri you do do things in style! What a gorgeous cake and bowl Luke is eating from.

Megan said...

It looks like you guys had a fun day. I hope Jenny was happy. It doesn't get much better than PF Changs and chocolate cake in my opinion. Wish we could have been there to help you eat up any leftovers but it looks like Luke had it taken care of. ;)