03 September 2009

A Literal "Sunday Afternoon Drive" in California


Yes, that is indeed the OCEAN!

As promised, here are some photos of our Sunday afternoon drive down the coastal highway between Anaheim and Laguna Beach. We didn't park, get out and walk around - perhaps we should have. We did attempt to find a parking place at one point, but not finding one within any reasonable distance from the beach, we caved and just drove on seeing more beautiful scenery. We're not really what you'd call "beach people" anyway. I mean, we have a pool here at home and I'm the only one who uses it. I think Mike's been in it once or twice in the almost 4 years we've lived here. And coming from Lubbock, I just recently found out what "ocean" was! Okay, I kid - I found out about those when we moved to London the first time and we flew over one.


This drive really made me feel like I was on VACATION!
"Nuthin' like that round these here parts, buddy!"


I've never been a fan of palm trees and this just backs up that feeling - looks
like a bunch of matchsticks with tassels stuck around that house. Oh, sorry if
it's where you live...





Anyway, back to the point, we had promised Tim we would NOT leave California without seeing the ocean. So we did see it - and it did not disappoint. But the interior designer in me kicked in and I was all agog at the architecture of the homes and the gorgeous yards and what looked like fabulous shopping for antiques, designer studios and all that jazz. I know - I'm warped. And Mike, while happy to drive me wherever REALLY just wanted to go back to the hotel and watch "Bones Season 1" dvds. Yes, we live a riveting life. But just the fact that Mike didn't read any work emails or take conference calls was enough for me to officially label this a "true vacation to remember".

I hope you enjoy.







Even the gas stations were pretty!


Beachcombers - and they had clothes on!! :)




Beauty around every curve of the road


What a beautiful drive.


Two houses here - but they are HUGE!


I wonder when this house is going to slide down into the ocean? Eeek!

1 comment:

Megan said...

We loved that drive as well. It was surreal to have the ocean outside the window as we drove down a major highway. I'm glad you guys enjoyed your afternoon