23 January 2008

...which is followed by a truly UNmagical moment...

Still sick. Doctor called in stronger steroids. More breathing treatments. HGTV is losing it's charm as I'm getting to the repeats of things I've already seen (and personally, I don't care "HOW MUCH YOUR HOUSE IS WORTH" anymore...) And if walls could talk, they'd be blackmailing me now, I'm sure.

So, to my unmagical moment. I noticed water in the hallway near my study and the back stairs. Hmm, curious. In the pool bath, water everywhere. Evidently the toilet overflowed of it's own volition. So I plunge - nothing. I plunge away once more - still nothing. Then I give it the real heave ho rapid action series - it starts to go down BUT....glug, glug, glug....it's going in the (oh gross, please come decontaminate my house Mr Clean) shower stall! There's at least 2" of "water" in the shower stall. It all looks clean, thank goodness. Don't know if it's a drainage problem with the neighborhood, debris left from construction that just now "caught up with me" or what. But thank goodness for a merciful builder - even though we've been in here almost exactly 2 years, they are sending out a plumber tomorrow morning to solve the mysterious tide in the pool bath. I knew I loved Peterson Home Builders from the moment our eyes locked across the open fields of our neighborhood (that and the meticulous detail to wood trim - always a good way to get my attention.) Why is it these things never happen if your husband is at home?

So now I'm wondering if water leaks are also contagious and we got it from Tim and Megan....it's a small world evidently intent on being covered with water. Anyone see a rainbow anywhere? Anyone? Just a little rainbow??? A teeny tiny one will do....

1 comment:

Megan said...

oh yuck. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. We were very relieved that our leak was with "clean" water. Hope you turns out to be the same.