16 June 2008

Things Mom never told me...

I am 51 years old. I have done countless loads of laundry. I have stripped and remade countless beds. I'm a veteran. I've been in the "trenches" for almost 32 years of marriage.

So how did I miss this? NEVER wear lipstick when remaking the bed! I'm doing that whole "swoosh" thing to get the top sheet "floated" over the bed? Next thing I know, the sheet flies up in my face and there's a mark. Sigh.

Vanity, vanity.

At least it's not on my husband's collar...or worse, there by someone else...

3 comments:

emily said...

Hey, at least I learned a lesson today :)

Jennifer said...

Good lesson. Just stopping by to thank you for your terrific insights in your comments over at my place. I appreciate your words of wisdom and your Scriptural proofs. THANKS!!!

3CHEERS4MOM said...

HA! This is a great lesson. Thank you for your comments on my blog. No, I am not British but at times I wish I were. My mom lives in Ft. Worth and I just love it. I am going back in July and want to go to other areas and take more pictures. I actually live here in San Antonio and plan to do a blog on the King William area of San Antonio in a few weeks. There are some great old houses there. –Cheers, Amy