02 June 2008

Spray-away Monday - A Favorite Things Post

I did not have any luck with my Wii internet connection (numerous) attempts but feel vindicated as it turns out the ethernet plug behind the TV in the living room is dead as a door nail! (whatever a door nail is...) So I was just butting my head against a wall for nothing. The wireless attempts were not successful because I have too many electronics around the TV that interfere with the signal making downloads too slow.

So at least I know WHY it doesn't work. Validation is important you know. I need to know WHY I'm going crazy if I'm going crazy. So I don't go crazy you know...

Which leads me to another Favorite Things post (don't ask me HOW it does, we were just told to have a lead-in to our main topic when I took English and I'm pretty much a stickler for rules...)

So this Monday's post is brought to you by the letter "S" for SPRAYS! Yes, cans of compressed air that make our life easier, more efficient, more bearable...until we can't breathe due to ozone layer thinning, opening, whatever it's doing that someone with a Ph.D., with too much time on their hands and too many research dollars in their pockets, keeps telling us about.

First Spray-of-the-Day:


Sprayway Stainless Steel Cleaner.

Sprayway® Stainless Steel Cleaner - 2/15 oz cans
I don't know how many of you have Stainless Steel appliance - those gorgeous, gleaming behemoths of modern industrial design without which (we've been told) it is IMPOSSIBLE to resell our residences soemday - but the term "stainLESS" is a misnomer in my illustrious opine. Simply wiping off a spill on stainless steel will leave a streak that glares like pink lipstick on a white business shirt collar! When we moved into our current residence, the builder advised me to use WD-40 to clean all those SS surfaces - works much better than the products in the grocery store or BB & Beyond - but that SMELL! It IS made from fish oil so what do you expect? WELL, my dear friends, I got a can of Sprayway Stainless Steel cleaner, and notwithstanding Vanna White not here to wave her hands at a can of the stuff, while dressed in a lovely evening dress - it is WONDERFUL! Finding it can be a bit of an exercise - I found my first can (you always remember the first...) at World Market. In Keller. Not in Katy. Which means I can't run out of it when I'm home. Only on vacation. But I digress...the stuff is about $6 a can and works on all sorts of things metal. I used it on our outdoor grill, on the fridge, the double oven, the cooktop (stove top, hob, whatever we call in the good ole US of A) and love it! And it doesn't smell. Yeah! Okay, just did an online search and the stuff is available at Sam's Club.

Second Spray-of-the-Day:

Pure Citrus Orange Air Freshener

Pure Citrus - Air Freshener, Citrus Blend - 7 fl oz


Jennifer put me onto this one. It doesn't cover odors. It doesn't compete with odors. It gets RID of odors! Forget Oust or Fabreeze or any of those other losers. Unless you have a raging citrus allergy, this is the only spray you'll need! It's full of (surprise, surprise) essential oils from citrus. It's non-aerosol (which I can't figure out since it DOES spray out - but more like cologne does, not in a continuous "if you forget to take your finger off you'll run out in a hurry" spray). You get it at Walmart. Believe me, I have the relatives to, ahem, put this product to the test and it ALWAYS works!

Last but not least, a cosmetic item. Third Spray-of-the-Day:

Bioelements Power Peptide Spray

Bioelements Power Peptide

What can I say about this amazing product? I could say this spray tonic adds youthful radiance with licorice root, white tea, and palmitoyl tri-peptide. It revitalizes skin with renewing peptides, boosts moisture, brightens, and refines skin tone. No artificial colorants, synthetic fragrance or animal by-products. Not tested on animals.

But that would sound like I was reading off of an ad for the product - which I was actually. I got this in a sample kit last Fall and fell in love with it. After cleansing your face, instead of a toner, spritz this cooling spray all over your face and "upper chest" (can't spell that french word "decolleta-whatever") and immediately follow with your moisturizer(s). It makes your moisturizer go SO much further (as in you don't need as much) and it makes your skin feel wonderful! Win-win!! It's a bit pricey at $36 but it lasts a long time.

There are other sprays I use - Pam, hairspray, shoe deodorizer, but they just didn't make the cut not being overly remarkable in my book. So here are my top three for what it's worth. Stay tuned as other "favorites" will be showcased in the near future. But rest assured, you will not get any fashion advice from me - save THAT one for Big Mama.

Happy Monday - is that an oxymoron?

1 comment:

kathleen said...

No comment on the grandchildren thing ... not just yet. :-)