23 July 2008

Cool trick for Mac-ophiles!

For those of you who use Macs, if you haven't heard about Cooliris, now's your chance! I use Firefox for my browser instead of Safari. Whenever it updates, there are lists of new (FREE!) software (they call them "add-ons") I can download to use as well. One of the most convenient ones I've come across is Cooliris. It's a program that let's you "hover" your cursor over a link and then shows a little blue box nearby that you can also "hover" over which in turn opens a window to preview the link destination. VERY time saving when doing searches to see if it's the information you really want without having to do all that back and forth with your web pages.

Probably a better description is the one Cooliris posts themselves:

"Cooliris Previews gives you the power to browse and share Web links and rich media faster. Just mouse over any link, and the Cooliris preview window immediately appears to show you the content. To email it, just click."

You can download it at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2207

I use it so much that, on the rare occasion when I use a PC, I sit there with the cursor over a link staring at it, waiting for the preview window that never comes. Probably explains the stares and wide berth other people give me sometimes...

Just a free tip for the day! Ya gotta try it, you'll like it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cheri,

Thank you for posting about Cooliris Previews! We truly appreciate it. We're delighted to hear that you are enjoying it.

Since you liked Cooliris Previews, I thought you might also want to check out another browser add-on we've developed that displays pictures in a stunning 3D Wall. Words can't do PicLens justice so I've included a link to a visual demo: http://piclens.com/demo.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks again,
Luna and The Cooliris Team

Emily said...

Yeah, I find myself doing command-space bar all the time on PCs. I'll have to tell Colin about that...I wonder if he knows?