20 August 2008

Tales from the backseat...

I was reading Emily's blog about how her two year old pipes up about traffic. I admit, I was thinking, "Yeah. Right."

Then today, as we were driving around Southlake (Jennifer riding shotgun, myself driving and the boys in the back), I missed the left turn arrow and had to pause for traffic to break so I could execute my left turn. The sign over the light said "Yield to traffic on green" or something to that effect.

"Go Gramma! Go!! The light is GREEN!!" says Ben.

Stupified silence.

Jennifer and I look at each other...then we burst out laughing.

"What's so funny? It IS green!" comes the voice from the backseat.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Totally true story. And the bad thing is, he got such a reaction out of me that he feels the need to say,"Let's go!" constantly in the car now.