29 June 2009

Mondays in Katy...

I am briefly "home" - I say that loosely since, for most of May and the month of June anyway, I haven't been here much. Between keeping grandsons for parents celebrating a wedding anniversary, birthdays for two grandsons, a birthday upcoming for a granddaughter and Mike's business trips overseas, I've spent the lion's share of my time in Keller, Pflugerville and on the road, specifically in THAT order!

Mike flew into DFW on Friday (following a trip to Kazakhstan, home, then onto D.C.) and we drove back together on Saturday arriving in Katy in time to attend Sarah and Taylor's wedding at 3pm. A RARE dinner out at Houston's Restaurant, just the two of us, followed before a trip to the Galleria to pickup a watch repair that had been waiting for ages. Then it was onto Mike's office to collect his car where it had been left after being collected for his D.C. trip by a service.

We are trying to get caught up (ha! like that will ever happen) before turning around and leaving once again on Wednesday after work for Keller again. Mirai's birthday party is at our house on Saturday so we're getting a jump start so we can have the house ready for not only the party but Tim and Megan's visit from Friday on for said party. Monday we head back here and have a bit of a breather before a reunion with overseas friends back up in Colleyville leaving the 16th. Jen and the boys will be visiting us here in Katy the week leading up to the reunion and we'll all drive up together.

The very next weekend, Tim and Megan et al come to Katy for an Astro's game. Then Mike heads off to Kazakhstan for a couple of weeks and I head to Plugerville and Keller respectively again.

I relate all this NOT to make your head spin but to explain where I'm coming from lately with my non-blogging! Prior to all this has been two trips to Keller, two trips by Jen's family to Katy, two trips by moi to Pflugerville and a major garden renovation wedged in somewhere. We have NOT had any moss growing on us lately. And while it has been run, run, run seemingly, I find that I'd rather be running than sitting home bored (and alone!). I feel very fortunate to be able to be part of the children's lives as well as the grandchildren's lives on such a "grand scale". Nothing beats hearing, out of the blue, an unsolicited "Gamma, I dub ewe!" Be still my beating heart...

So today, Monday, I have my mega-list ready. Dog in for surgery - check. Package to mail. Party bags to find and buy. Cake supplies to purchase. Bills to pay (yuck...) and insurance claims to file. I'll try to get ahead of the game a bit today and tomorrow. So I can enjoy what is really the essence of life - life, liberty and the pursuit of loving on kids and grandkids!

2 comments:

Glenda said...

Wow, and I thought my life was busy! I'm with you, I'd much rather be enjoying my kids and grandkids than sitting home alone all day!

Unknown said...

It relation to your 'I wuv ewe', you should have said 'be still my bleating heart' he he. Good to see your still blogging- it is hard to find the time and inspiration sometimes.