19 September 2010

Who won the Emmy...




We did, of course! Emery (now known as Emmy a lot of the time) has grown into herself. But I'd say her hair continues to outpace her - I mean, seriously, when's the last time you saw a baby with hair so long you could tuck it behind her ears?


Luke was doing a little song and dance to make her smile in the photo above. Ben had the monopoly on making Emery laugh, but Luke has invented his own brand of stand-up comedy that gets a great result from her. It's all in the delivery, folks, all in the delivery. Oh, and keep your material fresh. Em knows.

It's that hair again - it's to her shoulders for goodness sake. She has her own bow and band collection started and while some folks buy them for aesthetic reasons, Em NEEDS them to keep her hair out of her face.


And she has a very serious side now - she reserves her gleeful smiles for special occasions (like when I visit). She can give you a leveling gaze that is beyond her years it and totally puts you in your place. Yes, her Papa Mike can do that too. It's a gift I tell ya!


We could also call her our tumbling tumbleweed - not sitting up on her own (she'll "hold the pose" for a bit if you put her there but watch out...whoops!...there she goes over). But she does this rollover thing to get where she wants to go that is fun to watch. I guess that makes her a literal lateral thinker. :)


And now, watch out brothers, I'm onto you and your toys. They will be mine, MINE I tell you!



But who on EARTH can resist that precocious face? Not this Gramma! One week shy of seven months - I'll blink and it will be HER sixth birthday. But, "I won't think about that today. I'll think about it tomorrow. Because tomorrow IS anutha' day!"

So true, Scarlett. So true.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I don't know how many times I can say it. She is perfection. What a gift from God!

Your pictures look great. Are you doing anything different these days? Not that they haven't always looked great of course. :)