29 May 2008

Cheri's Favorite Things...forget Oprah!





I have some of my OWN "favorite things" and, since I don't have a syndicated talk show, dishing with stars and giving away tons of free merchandise to my adoring fans, I'll have to be content with this forum. So, every once in a while, I'll have a "Favorite Things" blurb - wish I could say on a regular, specific day - but that would require organization, thought and time, none of which are my forte these days.


So TODAY, Thursday, May 29th, you'll get the first (hopefully not LAST) Favorite Things listing! And with summer upon us, and all the blog entries I've been reading which amount to POOLS OPENING, I bring you (drum roll) TA! DAH! my first favorite thing: a tinted face moisturizer with 30 (yes, count 'em, 30!) SPF! I got a free sample in an order from www.skinstore.com and it was love at first application! It's called EmergenC Sun 30 Tinted Skincare Moisturizer - made in Israel of all places - and I LOVE it! I was really infatuated with Clinque's tinted moisturizer with SPF15 but know it was just a fling now that the REAL thing has come along. And the price is decent as well at $35 for 125ml (4 oz. I believe). And the SkinStore doesn't charge shipping - free shipping on all orders and you can earn rewards towards future purchases. At Mother's Day, they had store wide 20% off - and for a place that sells Prevage (which NEVER goes on sale most places), that's a decent discount when they have it.




Also by EmergenC is a product that is great if you get red skin - I get a rosier glow than I'd like on my upper chest as well as chin area. So I got the D-Red Nighttime Strengthening Balm (a bit pricey at $69.50) and it's taking care of the problem. I think the 50ml pot will last a long time - several months in fact - and the redness has really started to fade. Plus it feels so cool and refreshing after application.




Another "miracle" product for me is Dr. Brandt's "Pores No More". I use it under my tinted moisturizer (above) as a "primer". Having had oily skin most of my life (which is on the wane as a 51 year old but still there none-the-less), I've always been prone to breakouts and large pores. This product is what I call "pore Spackle", evening out the skin surface so makeup goes on smoothly and flawlessly. It's $45 for 1 oz but lasts several months. It does NOT make me break out and, according to the literature, actually helps PREVENT breakouts!

Those are my beauty "nuggets of wisdom" for the day. I don't know about you, but when an item costs more than $40, I want to KNOW it's going to work and that I can RETURN it if it doesn't! The SkinStore allows returns of used products if you are dissatisfied - they do want you to be happy with your purchase. So let's review - free shipping, returns allowed on used products, free samples with each order, no sales tax to Texas and a rewards program - what's not to love?? And no, I'm not getting paid to tout their store or products. I just know a good deal when I see one!

You've only got one skin - preserve it! Or you just might become...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That's cool and all, but Luke's wondering where his birthday slideshow it :-)

Favorite things are great! You should make a special page for them and keep adding to it!

I love the supersmile toothpaste and the foundation primer :-)