16 April 2009

"Out of the Mouth of Babes" - Part Double Deaux

During my recent stay in Pflugerville, since I was staying five nights, Kennedy gave me her bedroom to sleep in and she slept on a pallet in Lleyton's room. On Tuesday, she was trying to get some of her toys out of her play kitchen in her room and solemnly told me, "Your stuff makes it hard to get in there!" I had my suitcase right in front of said kitchen.

"Well, tomorrow you will have your room all to yourself and you'll get to sleep in your own bed again!" I told her. "Why?" she asked with a puzzled look on her face. I told her that I was leaving Wednesday night to return home and that my suitcase and other things would be gone. She looked down for a minute, thought about it and then slowly said, looking at me, "Why, Gramma, that's so sad!"

It warmed my heart to know that she was going to miss me.

Then she added, "But I do like it better when you sleep in the living room."

No comments: