16 April 2009

"Out of the mouths of babes.." Part Deaux

Yesterday morning, as Megan, Kennedy, Lleyton and I sat at the table for my last breakfast in Pflugerville this trip, I was reading my emails (yes, Emily Post and Miss Manners - I DO read my emails on my laptop...at breakfast...at company's house...in my robe...cry me a river...). Suddenly Megan said, "CHERI! Pick up your computer NOW!"

As I whisked it up I noticed the river of water and ice coming my way from an overturned glass (the culprit will remain anonymous - but I will say it wasn't me!). I got my laptop up just as the water met the edge of the back so all was well. I wiped off the tiny bit of water and, in my best British accent, said, "Jolly good show!"

Kennedy frowned and said, "Why do you say THAT, Gramma?" I explained that I was relieved that my computer was okay and that her mom had warned me in time for me to take action. And that that was good!

Well, last night I had dinner with them at Pei Wei before heading back to Katy. I pushed my iced tea over so Megan could sit down and it started to spill when it caught on something. I quickly righted it, started mopping up the mess and laughingly told Megan I was trying to keep up with her. Suddenly we hear a very loud exclamation from Kennedy, "JOLLY GOOD SHOW!"

Megan and I looked at Kennedy, looked at each other and busted out laughing.

That kid is sharp!

1 comment:

bec said...

That would have been funny to hear!