10 April 2009

Part II - "After"

So, without further ado, I present the "new and improved" back yard...



Izzie and...


Shelby checking out their new "master bathroom".


All three new crapes and the relocated Dr. Suess tree.


Noches white crape myrtle on the right, "Dr. Suess" tree on the left. We wanted crapes on each side of the bay window but for SOME reason, pool pipes and the sprinkler system messed up the symmetry!


The Dr. Suess tree was relocated to allow the two remaining crapes in this bed. No problems with pipe here!


We had the sickly Blue Junipers behind the pool but no longer! Now we have replaced them with Forest Pansy Redbuds. Again, the symmetry wasn't perfect but those PESKY pipes for the pool waterfall...


Oh yes, my lovely crape....





These three bears have been with us for the past 15 years - we got them when we lived in Naperville and they have always represented Jennifer, Tim and Chris - my "three bears". Very sentimental about them. They've traveled the world with us on our transfers - some people have "Flat Stanley"; we have "Our Three Bears".

When I get back home, I'll take photos of the front where the holly trees were replaced by Japanese Yews. Enjoy! I know we are...

5 comments:

bec said...

HI Cheri,
Hope you had a great Easter break. The garden looks fabulous. It is amazing what time (and effort) can do to a garden.

Anonymous said...

You have a BEAUTIFUL home and yard! I may hit you up for some decorating ideas since I remember reading that you like that kind of thing(that is, IF I ever find the time to decorate)! I'm in desperate need of a home makeover but short on ideas! :-)

Megan said...

Looks great!

Jeremy Beauregard said...

Wow! Double wow! Triple wow! Your backyard looks amazing! Everything looked so lush and went great with the pool. How are all these trees doing these days? Those crapes and the Dr Seuss trees are my favorite; I hope they’re still doing well!

Jeremy Beauregard

Katy said...

I was at awe with the photos of your garden. However asymmetrical the trees are, it doesn't seem to matter because your garden looks lovely and perfect overall. I hope you maintain them well, especially the Redbuds beside the pool.

Katy Eagles